Quick Start Guide
Before you begin:
- Obtain a tablet to function as your Fresh KDS screen. Fresh KDS was built to run on iOS 10+ and Android 6.0+. If using an Android device, we recommend Samsung or Asus. (Note: Insignia and Digiland tablets do not work). See our list of supported iOS devices here.
Step 1: Create A Fresh KDS Account
- Open https://beta.freshkds.com and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Enter your information on the following page and click Register.
- Confirm your account by opening the welcome message sent to the email address you used to sign up, and clicking the confirmation button. You will be redirected back to the Fresh KDS web portal to complete account setup.
- Enter location information and click Next.
- Choose a subscription plan, select Shopify as the POS system, and click Next.
- Enter payment information ( a valid debit or credit card is required) and click Submit.
- Congrats! You have now successfully completed the registration for Fresh KDS.
Step 2: Setup The Fresh KDS App
- Ensure that your tablet is connected to the internet.
- If you are using Fresh KDS on an iPad, download the app in the iOS App Store.
- If you're using Fresh KDS on an Android tablet, download app in Google Play.
- Open the Fresh KDS app, log in using your account credentials, follow the prompts and give the screen a name.
Step 3: Add the "Fresh KDS - Order Display" App to your Shopify Store
- In the Shopify App Store search for "Fresh KDS".
- Click "Add App".
- Once the app is installed, select "Settings" in the top menu.
Step 4: Setup the "Fresh KDS - Order Display" App in Shopify
- Navigate to your Fresh Tools Dashboard and select "Settings" in the top right and then "Integration Tokens".
- Click "Create New Token" and enter a descriptive name. We suggest using "Shopify - <Your Shopify Store Name>".
- The system will generate an 86-character token. Select the entire token and copy it to the clipboard.
- Return to the app settings in Shopify and paste the token in the "Fresh Tools Auth Token" field.
- Click "Set" and your Fresh KDS location and screen(s) will appear.
- Select the screen(s) where you would like your Shopify orders to appear and click "Save".
- Send a test print to make sure your screen is properly connected.
- That's it!
Step 5: Train Your Staff
- Show your staff how to clear orders (simply tap the heading of an order to clear it - or tap an individual order item to clear just that item).
- Show your staff how to recall orders (it's easy - just tap the recall button at the top of the screen).
- Show your staff this video for a brief overview: Fresh KDS in Action.
Step 6: Profit!
To view detailed analytics, log in into your Fresh KDS account in a browser. Average order volumes and ticket times are displayed on easy-to-read graphs for any specified date range.
Using this information can help you operate more efficiently, improve order consistency, and track/shorten ticket times - all of which will help make your customers happy and keep them coming back for more!