Ready to Make the Switch? Good Call :)
We've worked hard to build a great product, and are super excited for you to check it out.
Our team is committed to building tools that help you improve what matters most - customer experience, food, and the bottom line. The only way we can do that is with people like you using our products. So thank you. We are sincerely grateful.
Enough of the sappy stuff - let's get going!
Note: Fresh KDS 2.0 is now available world wide!
Step 1: Create A New Fresh KDS Account
- Click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Enter your information on the following page and click Register.
- Confirm your account by opening the welcome message sent to the email address you used to sign up, and clicking the confirmation button. You will be redirected back to the Fresh KDS web portal to complete account setup.
- Enter your first location’s information (if you have multiple locations, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add additional locations once your account is setup) and click Next.
- Choose a subscription plan, select your POS system, and click Next.
- Enter payment information ( a valid debit or credit card is required) and click Submit.
- Congrats! You have now successfully completed the registration for Fresh KDS.
Step 2: Setup The Fresh KDS App
- Ensure that your tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as your Square system.
- If you are using Fresh KDS on an iPad, download the app in the iOS App Store.
- If you're using Fresh KDS on an Android tablet, download app in Google Play.
- Open the Fresh KDS app, log in using your account credentials, follow the prompts and give the screen a name.
Step 3: Configure Fresh KDS As A Printer Station In Square
- Ensure that your Fresh KDS tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as your Square system.
- In the Square POS app or Register open the Menu and navigate to Settings > Printers. (In Square for Restaurants navigate to Account > Setup Hardware).
- Select Create Printer Station.
- Enter a name for each Fresh KDS screen.
- Tap No Printer Selected.
- Select your Fresh KDS screen from the list of available printers.
- Tap Print Test to confirm the Fresh KDS screen is successfully connected to Square
- Turn on Order Tickets and select the categories to send to the Fresh KDS screen.
- Tap Save to complete the printer station setup. Note: You must configure each Fresh KDS screen as a printer station on every Square device that sends orders to the kitchen.
Step 4: Cancel Your Existing Fresh KDS Account
- Log into your Square dashboard and click Apps on the left side of the screen.
- Select the My Apps tab at the top of the screen.
- Revoke Access to Fresh KDS by clicking the X below the Launch button. This will prevent you from being billed for both systems.
Step 5: Delete The Existing Fresh KDS Application
Delete the application from every device you have setup as a Fresh KDS screen.